Rock Band 3 Features Announced
Featuring an incredible 83-song setlist and access to far more music than any other music game, as well as innovative new gameplay modes and instruments, Rock Band 3 will change the way fans think about and play music games. This next iteration in the Rock Band platform has something new for everyone and also supports traditional Rock Band gameplay with playersâ€™ existing instruments.
The Most Music. Period.
The Rock Band 3 disc soundtrack contains 83 of the best bands from around the world, including bands that have never appeared in a music game, as well as support for existing Rock Band tracks (Rock Band and Rock Band 2 discs, downloaded songs, track packs, AC/DC Live: Rock BandTM Track Pack, LEGOÂ® Rock Band and Green Day: Rock BandTM).
Additionally, Rock Band 3 will give players immediate access to a music library approaching 2,000 songs by launch, with new content added regularly. Rock Bandâ€™s gigantic music selection dwarfs that of any other music game on the market.
- Metric, â€œCombat Babyâ€
- Rilo Kiley, â€œPortions for Foxesâ€
- Them Crooked Vultures, â€œDead End Friendsâ€
- The Vines, â€œGet Freeâ€ â€¢ The White Stripes, â€œThe Hardest Button to Buttonâ€
- Phoenix, â€œLassoâ€
- Ida Maria, â€œOh My Godâ€
- Juanes, â€œMe Enamoraâ€
- Janeâ€™s Addiction, â€œBeen Caught Stealingâ€
- Smash Mouth, â€œWalkinâ€™ on the Sunâ€
- Spacehog, â€œIn the Meantimeâ€ â€¢ Stone Temple Pilots, â€œPlushâ€
- Dio, â€œRainbow in the Darkâ€
- Huey Lewis and the News, â€œThe Power of Loveâ€
- Joan Jett, â€œI Love Rock and Rollâ€
- Night Ranger, â€œSister Christianâ€ â€¢ Whitesnake, â€œHere I Go Againâ€
- The Cure, â€œJust Like Heavenâ€
- Ozzy Osbourne, â€œCrazy Trainâ€
- Queen, â€œBohemian Rhapsodyâ€
- Jimi Hendrix, â€œCrosstown Trafficâ€
- The Doors, â€œBreak On Throughâ€
Redesigned Library for Better Music Management
Rock Band 3 allows players to create and save setlists and share them with friends, both in-game and through RockBand.com. New song filters make it easier to find the types of songs fans want to play and hide the songs they donâ€™t, while a built-in song recommendation system will suggest tracks from Rock Bandâ€™s colossal music library, based on personal fan preference.
Expand the Band
In addition to guitar, bass, drums and solo vocals, Rock Band 3 adds three-part vocal harmonies that were introduced with The BeatlesTM: Rock BandTM and, for the first time ever, a keyboard peripheral to the band. Up to seven players can rock together for the ultimate social gaming experience.
Go Pro: Play Just for Fun or Rock for Real with Rock Band Pro
Rock Band 3 empowers players to develop actual musical skills through the fun of fully scalable Rock Band Pro gameplay. Fans can dive in on Easy to try out basic skills and work their way up to Expert for real mastery.
- Pro Drums supports three expansion cymbals, with gameplay differentiation between toms and cymbals.
- Pro Keys features pitch-accurate keyboard performance across a two-octave range, displayed on an easy-to-read keyboard track.
- Pro Guitar features notated guitar and bass performances, available for play with either the new FenderTM MustangTM PRO-GuitarTMÂ® by Fender StratocasterÂ® Guitar Controller that is a real guitar/controller hybrid. The Rock Band 3 Squier Stratocaster is a fully functional, full-sized, six-string electric guitar that also functions as a game controller. simulated guitar controller from Mad Catz or the Rock Band 3 Squier
Something for Everyone (New Gameplay Modes!)
For the casual player, Rock Band 3 has great new party modes that allow fans to get rocking with friends quicker than ever, including party shuffle and persistent drop-in/drop-out and difficulty selection from any gameplay screen. For the serious player, the revamped Career Mode features 700+ goals and rewards and seamless leaderboard integration for an endlessly deep campaign experience. Rock Band 3 also adds a suite of social networking tools to the game so fans can engage friends and fellow rockers over Facebook, Twitter and more. Whether players want to jump in for a quick song or take their band to the top, Rock Band 3 has a mode for everyone.
Developed by Harmonix, the worldâ€™s premier music videogame company, published by MTV Games, and distributed by distribution partner Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS), Rock Band 3 will ship simultaneously worldwide this Holiday 2010 in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and other territories for the Xbox 360Â® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStationÂ®3 computer entertainment system, the WiiTM system from Nintendo, and Nintendo DSTM. Rock Band 3 will be compatible with all Rock Band and The Beatles: Rock Band peripherals, as well as most third-party instrument and microphone controllers. Mad Catz is the official peripheral manufacturer and distributor for Rock Band game controllers.
The Rock Band platform stands next to none in music content, with more than 1,500 songs already available from more than 400 artists, including Jimi Hendrix, The Who, AC/DC and Green Day, who are exclusive to Rock Band. With more choices for fans than any other music-based videogame, Rock Band is, without question, the industry leader in providing the best selection of interactive musical content, songs and artists. Rock Band pioneered offering content in a variety of ways, through on-disc gameplay, game export, downloadable content and the Rock Band Network. The Rock Band platform allows fans to interact with their favorite music in a unique and hands-on way, as well as giving artists the ability to reach fans through a whole new channel.