SIRIUS XM Radio Announces Extraordinary New Channel Lineups
The Best Audio Experience Now Available For Subscribers at No Extra Cost and No New Hardware
Exclusive Channels and Shows From Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Grateful Dead, Jamie Foxx, Tom Petty, Willie Nelson, Jimmy Buffett and more, available to all subscribers for first time
SIRIUS XM Radio unveiled new enhanced channel lineups. Effective immediately, and for the first time, XM subscribers will hear SIRIUS’ dynamic and exclusive music, news, talk, sports and comedy shows and channels, and SIRIUS subscribers will have access to XM’s equally diverse and unique content.
SIRIUS and XM subscribers will hear the exclusive music, talk and comedy channels and shows from Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Jimmy Buffett, Elvis Presley, Grateful Dead, Eminem, Frank Sinatra, Jamie Foxx, Metropolitan Opera, NPR, NYU’s Doctor Radio, The Catholic Channel, Blue Collar Comedy, Cosmo Radio, Tom Petty, B.B. King, Willie Nelson, the Grand Ole’ Opry, Barbara Walters, Deepak Chopra, and more, now available to all subscribers. The change delivers to all current subscribers unquestionably the best lineup of audio entertainment today.
Listeners can now get easy access to channels spanning SIRIUS and XM that feature music’s most critically-acclaimed artists for the first time at no increase in the subscription fee and with no need to change or upgrade their existing radios. With this new programming lineup, subscribers will receive the same number of music and non-music channels on the SIRIUS and XM services as they have in the past.
“This is the ultimate evolution for our channels and sets a new bar for audio entertainment. The breadth and quality of the new programming lineups make it clear that everything worth listening to is now on SIRIUS XM,” said Scott Greenstein, SIRIUS XM’s President and Chief Content Officer.
XM subscribers will have access to new exclusive music, talk and comedy channels and shows. Here is a selection:
- Bruce Springsteen’s E Street Radio features music spanning three decades from the rock icon, including new releases, concert recordings, rare archival recordings and interviews.
- Jimmy Buffett’s Radio Margaritaville is a radio paradise of great music as well as live broadcasts of Buffett’s concerts.
- The Grateful Dead Channel features music spanning the band’s career with unreleased concert recordings, rare archival interviews with Jerry Garcia and original shows hosted by band members Bob Weir, Mickey Hart and Bill Kreutzmann.
- Eminem’s Shade 45 features uncensored, commercial-free hip-hop programming executive produced by Eminem.
- “Little Steven” Van Zandt’s Underground Garage and Outlaw Country channels, both created and executive produced by the E Street Band member, feature the best rock ‘n’ roll records ever made and shows hosted by some of country music’s biggest names, including Mojo Nixon, Shooter Jennings and others.
- Elvis Radio is the world’s first and only officially authorized, commercial-free, Elvis all-the-time radio channel, broadcast live from Graceland.
- Frank Sinatra on SIRIUSLY Sinatra broadcasts the Great American Songbook as recorded by Sinatra and the greatest singers of all time.
- Metropolitan Opera Radio broadcasts live performances throughout the Met’s entire season and classic performances spanning the Met’s 77-year broadcast history.
- Jamie Foxx’s comedy channel, The Foxxhole, is Jamie Foxx’s exclusive 24/7 entertainment channel. Foxx created the channel and hosts a live, weekly show.
- Blue Collar Radio features favorites from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour and everyman humor from other great comedians and hilarious new stand-up stars.
- Cosmo Radio, geared toward Cosmopolitan magazine’s audience of fun, fearless females, features smart relationship advice, tips on beauty, fashion and health, and entertainment news.
- SIRIUS XM Stars features exclusive weekly shows from Barbara Walters, Deepak Chopra, Jane Pratt, Judith Regan, Senator Bill Bradley and others.
- The Catholic Channel, produced by SIRIUS XM and the Archdiocese of New York, is a modern talk format with an open dialogue focused on Catholicism in today’s world, including daily call-in talk shows, live daily Mass from Saint Patrick’s Cathedral, and football and basketball games from the University of Notre Dame.
- NPR Now offers in-depth news, features, and entertainment produced and assembled by NPR specifically for SIRIUS and XM Radio, featuring shows Fresh Air and Marketplace, plus public radio favorites like Car Talk, Wait Wait… Don’t Tell Me!, Talk of the Nation, and more.
- Doctor Radio powered by NYU Langone Medical Center is a groundbreaking 24/7 national radio channel featuring live, call-in shows hosted by leading doctors from the NYU Langone Medical Center, representing a vast array of fields including child psychology, sexual health, men’s health, diet, nutrition and more.
SIRIUS subscribers will have access to new exclusive music channels and shows. Here is a selection:
- Bob Dylan’s Theme Time Radio Hour is an award-winning weekly show hosted by the iconic artist that features an eclectic mix of songs from a wide variety of musical genres related to that week’s theme, as well as on-air thoughts and commentary from Dylan and special guests.
- Tom Petty’s Buried Treasure is a weekly hour of musical rarities and classic tracks handpicked by Petty from his private vaults.
- Willie’s Place broadcasts live from Willie Nelson’s very own honky tonk deep in the heart of Texas, featuring a nickel jukebox playing the best traditional, rustic and rich country and western swing.
- B. B. King’s Bluesville features a broad range of blues and gospel music hand-selected by the Mayor of Bluesville, B.B. King.
- Grand Ole’ Opry showcases the best live American country music with performance archives and programs hosted by Eddie Stubbs, a regular announcer for the Grand Ole’ Opry, popular country music DJ and respected country music historian.
- ’40s on 4 is where you go for the biggest hits from the 1940s and the greatest standards to come out during the first half of the 20th century.
- enLighten broadcasts Southern Gospel roots music based on four-part harmony featuring family groups, trios, quartets and soloists.
- ’90s on 9 plays the biggest hits of the decade featuring songs from every genre – pop, rock and rhythm … from grunge to boy bands.
- XM’s Artist Confidential series, hosted by Lou Brutus, features up close and personal interviews, plus exclusive performances from some of the biggest names in music including Paul McCartney, Coldplay, Sting, Santana and over a hundred more.
Enhanced music, talk, and sports channels will bring together the best hosts in their fields and genres.
- The Loft will continue to be led by Mike Marrone and will now add exclusive shows by rocker Lou Reed, Vin Scelsa, Dave Marsh and David Johansen.
- Deep Tracks will add veteran rock DJ Pat St. John.
Marky Ramone's show, Punk Rock Blitzkrieg, can be heard on Faction.
- Jonathan Schwartz, the renowned Standards DJ, will host his daily and Sunday show on SIRIUSLY Sinatra.
- ’60s on 6 has a stellar lineup of hosts including Cousin Brucie, the legendary Oldies DJ who will continue his Wednesday show on ’50s on 5.
- ’70s on 7 will now air Casey Kasem’s original American Top 40 countdowns, as well as Joe Causi’s Disco Saturday Night.
- ’80s on 8 will be the home of all the former MTV VJs including Mark Goodman, Martha Quinn, Alan Hunter and Nina Blackwood.
- XM’s channel for the presidential election, POTUS ’08, and SIRIUS’ channel for the independent voter, Indie Talk, have combined into POTUS – Politics of the United States, and will be heard on both SIRIUS and XM. POTUS will feature, from SIRIUS, actor and commentator Ron Silver, The Blog Bunker (the first show dedicated to the biggest blog headlines), and Pete Dominick; and from XM, Joe Mathieu, Tim Farley and more.
- SIRIUS XM Book Radio, previously known to XM subscribers as Sonic Theater, now brings SIRIUS and XM listeners excerpts of the greatest and hottest books, interviews with authors, and readings by some of the biggest authors in the business.
- Kids Place Live, targeted to entertain kids aged 3-8, now offers the best kid-friendly music previously heard on Kids Stuff and XM Kids, along with hosts Kenny Curtis, Absolutely Mindy and Robbie Schaeffer, and guests and specials.
- The previously announced Mad Dog Radio sports talk channel will launch soon on SIRIUS channel 123 and XM channel 144 offering sports fans engaging talk and interviews 24 hours a day. Renowned sports talk personality Chris ‘Mad Dog’ Russo headlines the channel and can currently be heard hosting its anchor program, Mad Dog Unleashed, weekday afternoons live on SIRIUS 123 and XM 144.
The new SIRIUS XM channel lineup will also continue to feature channels from the top news outlets in the country, including BBC World Service, Bloomberg Radio, ESPN Radio, CNBC, CNN, CNN en Espanol, Fox News Channel and Fox News Talk, among others.
Source: SIRIUS XM Radio